The previous tenets of our technology would mean nothing without massive processing power and a whole list of dependent technologies. Without a doubt, the enterprise and software developer worlds have benefitted greatly in the last decade from a range of powerful open source technologies. But most of our customers and competitors have realized that while the breakthroughs are amazing, open source is sometimes “free like a puppy” and there is plenty of work to make the technologies seamlessly serve the user.
UBIX Technology Platform
Under the hood, UBIX leverages the open source big data stack (Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, Elastic Search), while offering a higher level abstraction (API - DSL) that exposes the strength of each technology and enables optimal usage of the core technology by applying best patterns and practices as a result of the team’s experience and expertise accrued over multiple person/years. In particular the technology stack allows us to:
- Deploy on-premise or in the cloud while remaining service-provider agnostic (no dependency on any cloud managed service)
- Enable organisations to build and deploy advanced applications analytics on petabyte-scale datasets
- Deliver real-time/streaming, interactive and batch workloads under the same "lambda" architecture
- Create full data pipelines seamlessly (ingestion, transformation, predictive modelling, aggregations and statistics, plus advanced visualizations). All of this with only a few commands of UBIX Domain specific language (DSL) and associated API which serves as a powerful abstraction layer across all of the combined technologies under the hood.
- Adapt and integrate to emerging machine learning innovations… currently MLLib, Vowpal Wabbit, Sparkling H2O, Python and R. and easily extend to new machine learning libraries as needed.
- Provide full enterprise readiness: as well as scalability and performance, UBIX offers high availability, resilience, security, interoperability and ease of management
For the first time ever UBIX is offering its Workbench to alpha Users free of charge… Register now for the Alpha release of our community edition in Q4 2017.
UBIX Interaction Fabric
The primary purpose of mastering massive data and automating really hard stuff is to make it easy for the enterprise to ask for and consume advanced analytics insights. This is where the UBIX Interaction Fabric shows its power. First off, most insights can and should be displayed in the form of a visualization, or other chart. Making advanced analytics consumable and understandable means pretty pictures! Lots of them. Out of the box UBIX ships with 42 interactive visualizations and with our SDK you can easily extend to add new niche domain plots. But the display of a plot is just the first step. In the emerging world of visual analytics users expect to interrogate and interact with the charts to get to the next advanced question. The UBIX Interaction Fabric and UBIX Auto Curious communicate constantly, enriching our visualizations with relevant paths to investigate from our Question Graph to provide a powerfully simple experience for the user.
UBIX has a fully featured API and SDK that proves you with broad flexibility in how to create, integrate and display your applications. This results in rapid time-to-value when producing new solutions. UBIX API/SDK provides:
- Flexibility in building Custom Applications - provide targeted user experience for the data
- Data Exploration applications driven by UBIX Auto-Curious
- Data Viewing applications built on the UBIX Cloud Analytics platform
- Visualization Plugins
- Plug UBIX Interaction Fabric visualizations into 3rd party applications
- Add intelligent interaction to 3rd party applications
- New Visualizations
- Generate composite and coordinated visualizations (combinations of plots)
- Entirely new visualizations
- Rapid Prototypes
- “Click-Through” Demos using static images
- Replace targeted portions of demo with “live” visualizations and interaction
- Use static images as “glue” between “live” portions of an application